- Norcros is a leading supplier of high quality and innovative showers, taps, bathroom accessories, ceramic wall and floor tiles and adhesive products with operations primarily in the UK and South Africa.
- Based in the UK, Norcros operates under six brands:
- Triton Showers – Market leader in the manufacture and marketing of showers in the UK
- Vado – A leading manufacturer and supplier of taps, mixer showers, bathroom accessories and valves
- Croydex – A market-leading, innovative designer, manufacturer and distributor of high quality bathroom furnishings and accessories
- Abode – A leading niche designer and distributor of high quality kitchen taps, bathroom taps and kitchen sinks
- Johnson Tiles – A leading manufacturer and supplier of ceramic tiles in the UK
- Norcros Adhesives – Manufacturer of tile & stone adhesives, grouts and related products
- Based in South Africa, Norcros operates under three brands:
- Tile Africa – Chain of retail stores focused on ceramic and porcelain tiles, and associated products such as sanitary ware, showers and adhesives
- Johnson Tiles South Africa – Manufacturer of ceramic and porcelain tiles
- TAL – The leading manufacturer of ceramic and building adhesives
Focus! – Lack of direction, not lack of time, is the problem. We all have twenty-four hour days.
People who claim they don’t have enough time are mistaken – they’re just doing the wrong things with their 24 hours. If you prioritise interruptions, you will squander your potential. Finding focus is the solution. Analysing and Exploring what matters and narrowing your vision to achieve your goals faster. Below are 5 simple questions you should ask yourself today to set your focus right.
1. Is this activity really adding value?
Value is defined as a fair return for something exchanged. In this discussion, value represents a good return on the time invested. Time is our most precious and finite commodity. It’s something we all take for granted and the miss-allocation of time represents some of our biggest regrets as we get older. If you’re investing time into something make sure it adds value.
2. What clutter can be eliminated from my day?
Clutter, noise and superfluous tasks are the adversaries of progress. They trip you up, lead you astray and blur your vision.
3. Is this activity moving me towards my goals for 2017?
Every action big or small in the year should contribute to your journey towards the goals you’ve set for 2017. Anything that veers or pivots from this journey is extraneous and not helping you. Focusing on the movements that matter helps you move faster and in the right direction.
4. Is this activity worth my time?
If you keep on taking on work that adds little value to you or your organisation, it benefits neither of you. Try and rationalise with your boss or colleagues if you feel that a task is clutter. If it truly is, they’ll likely understand it and appreciate your ability to see the bigger picture. Learn to say no when saying no is what’s right.
5. Where do I start?
It’s amazing how often we get in our own way, without knowing it or meaning to. Most of us struggle to focus at times and find ourselves slipping into an unproductive loop of procrastination. A lack of progress can lead to a loss of confidence and self-belief. Once you identify where you need to be and redirect those thoughts, your energy will return. Go for a coffee. Bring a note-pad. Write down your goals and then map out how to get there. Focus requires clarity of mind. Go somewhere you can relax and think clearly.
Once you identify where you need to be and redirect those thoughts, your energy will return. Go for a coffee. Bring a note-pad. Write down your goals and then map out how to get there. Focus requires clarity of mind. Go somewhere you can relax and think clearly.
So 4 quick action points:
- Create a stop-doing list and stick to it.
- Create a list of long term goals that matter and drive towards them.
- Create a list of goals for today that will contribute to that journey.
- Shed the clutter and noise and drive forward.
Distractions, noise and clutter derail you from driving towards your goals. Re-evaluate what matters, identify your goals and drive towards them fueled by a laser focused mindset. There is no more wishing, there is only doing. If it doesn’t contribute to your journey it doesn’t matter.
Time is precious. Focus and use it wisely.
Check our our winning tips for June here
Why not win today! Here are 6 Snippets of Wisdom to help Jump-start June.
Every month Broadlake will post a series of quick winning tips to bring you closer to your goals, whatever they may be! We all need triggers to keep us focused and moving forward. Find words or phrases that work for you, stick them on a post-it on your computer and remind yourself each time you log-on to resume driving towards your goals. Here are 5 ways to win in May from the Broadlake team!
1, Write Down a plan
A productive day is not about getting a lot done; it is about the getting the important stuff done. Entrepreneurs, plot your goals for today and this week and find the most efficient way to achieve them.
2. Try, Fail, Learn, Repeat
The fear of failure is the greatest barrier for Entrepreneurial behaviour. The stigma of failure stops us from taking the plunge into uncertainty.
The truth is that anyone who has achieved anything great has at some point made a choice to embrace failure instead of allowing it to hold him or her back.
Failure paves our way to success and gives us permission to excel. The key is how we respond and the only true failure is not trying at all.
3. Try taking the Road less Travelled
The Journey of an Entrepreneur is never easy, it’s full of challenges, obstacles, trials and tribulations. As an entrepreneur, you have chosen The Road Less Travelled.
It can be extremely challenging at times, business can be bruising and uncompromising, but the rewards in persevering, adapting and reaching the destination are unparalleled.
4. Act Now
What you do has far greater impact than what you say. The most effective way to do it is to simply do it. Done is better than perfect.
5. Take A Break
Entrepreneurs are often celebrated for wearing multiple hats and logging numerous hours. But working without letup is a bad habit that can jeopardise business, health and the life you’re supposedly working toward.
If you don’t give yourself the time to think and play, you’re not going to have the creativity you need to succeed.
6. Slow Down
The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another. We live as though there aren’t enough hours in the day but if we do each thing calmly and carefully we will get it done quicker and with much less stress.
Check out our Winning tips for May here